The recent rise in COVID-19 infections in Malaysia has made AXA AFFIN Life Insurance Berhad to extend its COVID-19 Complimentary Support Fund in order to satisfy the immediate needs of their customers.
This AXA Financial Support which was first offered in February 2021, has now been doubled to RM200,000, only for clients who have an AXA AFFIN medical coverage. Customers who are infected by COVID-19 or who have difficulties or any adverse side effects after receiving the COVID-19 vaccination will receive the fund at no additional cost.
The fund will be available until August 31, 2021, or until the funds are finished, whichever happens first. The main goal is to support AXA AFFIN Life Insurance clients’ health and well-being by offering this urgent relief program in the form of AXA financial support.
Get AXA Medical Card Today!
What do I get if I am infected with COVID-19 ?
AXA provides COVID-19 financial support for their medical card holders as follows:
- RM2,000 if quarantined in government or private hospital for COVID-19
- RM1,000 if quarantined in government-designated quarantine centre* for COVID-19
- RM10,000 upon death due to COVID-19 (ends 30th June 2021)**
- RM3,000 for COVID-19 treatment in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Malaysian government and private hospital (benefit starts 4th June 2021 till end of program)
* Home quarantine or mandatory isolation order at home is excluded.
** Death within 90 days from the date of COVID-19 diagnosis. This benefit ends 30th June 2021.
What do I get if I have side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine ?
AXA medical cards also cover COVID-19 vaccination* side effects as follows:
- Full cover if hospitalised for COVID-19 vaccination side effects**
- RM2,000 cash assistance for Stroke*** due to adverse side effects within 90 days of COVID-19 vaccination
* Applies only to those registered and/or vaccinated under the Ministry of Health, Malaysia vaccination programme and does not extend to those who opt for elective vaccinations from private clinics/hospitals. The vaccine must be administered in Malaysia.
** These side-effects must manifest within fourteen (14) days after the vaccine has been administered.
*** Death of brain tissue due to inadequate blood supply, bleeding within the skull or embolization from an extra cranial source resulting in permanent neurological deficit with persisting clinical symptoms. The diagnosis must be based on changes seen in a CT scan or MRI and certified by a neurologist.